MARTIN GUITAR EXPANDS SP LIFESPAN STRINGS PRODUCT LINE Martin Asks NAMM Attendees to take "The Great Martin String Challenge"
- Parent Category: Main Site
- Published Date
Nazareth, PA- C.F. Martin & Co. (www.martinguitar.com) has today announced that it is expanding its successful Martin SP® LIFESPAN™ line of acoustic strings. Being shown at the 2011 Summer NAMM show in Nashville (July 21-23; Martin booth #1200) the new 12 String, Baritone and two Extra Light offerings will be available starting this fall.
"Players around the world are swapping out their coated strings for treated strings - a new patented technology that allows the strings to vibrate naturally yet delivers long life," said Tim McNair, C. F. Martin & Co.'s director of sales and marketing, String Division. "We have been thrilled with the feedback we've received in the year since the SP LIFESPAN strings were introduced, and are launching these new products to support acoustic guitar players looking for a broader range of gauges."
Introduced in the fall of 2010, Martin SP LIFESPAN is the fastest growing product in the acoustic string market. The SP core wire is engineered to hold tunings better than other brands and resist breaking, and with rich full tone and responsive attack, SP strings are perfect for everywhere from studio to stage. Treated with Cleartone® proprietary technology, Martin SP LIFESPAN string sets bring players the longest possible string life without sacrificing the legendary tone or natural feel for which Martin Strings have become known.
"I am very pleased with my new Martin SP LIFESPAN strings that I picked up on my visit to Martin Guitar," said Martin Strings Ambassador Travis Tritt. "I'm pretty hard on strings, but with Lifespan I am now able to get double the amount of performance time out of my strings."
Additionally, starting at Summer NAMM, Martin Guitar will kick off two strings promotions:
- "The Great Martin String Challenge" will take place at the Martin Summer NAMM booth (#1200) and select retailer locations this year. After being handed identical Martin guitars - one with SP LIFESPAN strings and one without - contestants who correctly determine which was equipped with the SP LIFESPAN strings will win a free set along with additional prizes.
- "The Great Martin String Swap" will take place at select retailers this summer and fall, during which anyone bringing in their old strings will be provided with a complimentary set of new Martin SP LIFESPAN strings (while supplies last).
This year's new string products include:
- SP Lifespan Extra Light Gauge 10-47 Bronze (41MSP6000) and SP Lifespan Extra Light Gauge 10-47 Phosphor Bronze (41MSP7000) - Popular for smaller body guitars and cutaways, a new extra light gauge will be available in phosphor bronze or 80/20 bronze.
- SP Lifespan Extra Light 12 String 10-47 Phosphor Bronze (41MSP7600) - Since both plain and wound strings are treated with Cleartone technology, the new Martin SP Lifespan 12 string set will deliver a balanced sound that is sure to please.
- SP Lifespan Baritone 14-17 Phosphor Bronze (41MSP7700) - With the recent and upcoming launch of several new C. F. Martin baritone guitars, Martin has designed these strings to be comfortable in both the traditional B tuning and modern C tuning, delivering a new standard in tone. Gauging is 14/20/30/42/54/70.
Also at Summer NAMM, attendees will have the opportunity to meet the sixth generation Martin to lead this iconic family business at "Meet Chris Martin Day" - Saturday, July 23 - in Martin Guitar's booth.
About Martin Guitar
C.F Martin & Co. (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for over 175 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the "Dreadnought" size. One of the world's leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques along with those introduced by the company founder. Founded in 1833 by Christian Frederick Martin, the privately held company has been continuously family owned and operated for six generations. Christian Frederick ("Chris") Martin IV took the helm of the company in 1986 and is its current chairman and CEO. Under his guidance, the company has introduced a number of new and innovative models that appeal to musicians, including the popular acoustic/electric Performing Artist Series, and several custom and signature Artist Editions.
Martin guitars are the instruments of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television (Glee, Psych, Raising Hope and American Idol) to the movies; on Broadway and in books, online, and gracing the pages of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere (including in the hands of Jeff Daniels and Hugh Laurie on the covers of the last two issues of Guitar Aficionado). Connect with Martin on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and via www.martinguitar.com.
The Lippin Group
for Martin Guitar
Artist & Public Relations Manager
C. F. Martin & Co.
C. F. Martin & Co.
(NAMM Booth #1200)