Skip to navigation
Festivals Crowd

C.F. Martin & Co. Announces the Promotion of Fred Greene to the Position of Vice President/General Manager of Guitars

NAZARETH, PA - C.F. Martin & Co announced today that Fred Greene will assume the position of Vice President/General Manager of Guitars. In this position Greene, a 25 year guitar industry veteran, will be responsible for many key aspects of Martin's guitar business, including new model designs, manufacturing, materials management and product forecasting. Greene has been with Martin since 2004 previously serving as Vice President of Manufacturing and The Custom Shop, a division which experienced a 30% increase in overall sales in 2011.

"I can think of no one better to oversee the crux of our business than Fred Greene," said Keith Lombardi, President and COO. "During his time at Martin we have seen staggering growth out of our Custom Shop division and have benefited from his years of wisdom in enhancing our multi-site manufacturing platform. He has been an instrumental force in the areas of product design and manufacturing since he began working with us eight years ago."

"I consider the move to Martin to be the smartest one of my career," said Greene. "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to grow with this company that I've begun to consider part of my family. Not only do I have the opportunity to work with the guitars I love to play, but I have been permitted to create a role for myself at this company that has been both personally and professionally extremely satisfying."

About Martin Guitar & Strings

C.F Martin & Co. (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for over 175 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the "Dreadnought" size.

One of the world’s leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques along with those introduced by the company founder.

The company is also known for producing high-quality, popular acoustic guitar strings. These include the Martin SP® LIFESPAN™ line - the fastest-growing treated string in the industry, and the Martin SP line - which uses an industry leading core wire to hold tunings better.

Martin guitars and Martin Strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television (Glee, Psych, Raising Hope and American Idol) to the movies; on Broadway and in books, online, and gracing the covers of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere. Connect with Martin and Martin Strings on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and via www.martinguitar.com and www.martinstrings.com.

Media Contacts:
Louise O’Brien
DKC for Martin Guitar
212-981-5181
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Email to Friend

To:
Subject: