MARTIN GUITAR ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF "PERFORMING ARTIST SERIES" WITH FIVE NEW ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC GUITARS
Nazareth, PA - Following the successful debut of its "Performing Artist Series" of acoustic/electric guitars earlier this year, C. F. Martin & Co. announces the expansion of this popular line with five new models that are available in limited quantities beginning today. The new selection of acoustic/electric guitars are created with the same careful attention to detail, innovation and durability that has become synonymous with the Martin name for over 175 years.
The latest models available in the "Performing Artist Series" consist of the new "GPCPA2," "GPCPA Mahogany," GPCPA3," "DCPA3" and the "OMCPA3." Each guitar is reasonably-priced for the holidays and features digital electronics and superior playability with the state-of-the-art Fishman® F1 Aura®.
"The overwhelming response we received from the launch of our 'Performing Artist Series' set off a wave of creative ideas that led to this new expansion," said Chris Martin IV, chairman and CEO of the company. "Our craftsmen have been working diligently to offer these models to the public beginning this month with an aim to target a broad range of musicians with models that mix affordability with enduring craftsmanship."
These stage-ready acoustic-electric models feature lightning fast necks and superior playability, along with onboard world-class Fishman F-1 Aura electronics.
- The "GPCPA2" is crafted with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. This model also features an elegant three-piece back and full gloss finish. It offers a very fast and comfortable Performing Artist neck and fingerboard taper with grained ivoroid bindings. The soundhole rosette is adorned with abalone pearl. (US MSRP $3,499)
- Available only in the Grand Performance cutaway body shape, the "GPCPA Mahogany" is the latest entry in Martin's certified wood lineup. The "Mahogany" is crafted with a solid FSC certified Mahogany back, sides and neck and a solid FSC certified European spruce top. Additionally, The Mahogany features full gloss finish along with the best onboard intelligence available today. (US MSRP $3,399)
- The stage-ready and elegant "GPCPA3" is a gloss-top model built with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. Musicians will enjoy the fast and comfortable Performing Artist neck/fingerboard taper and bridge spacing. (US MSRP $2,599)
- Similarly, the "DCPA3" is built with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top and comes in a gloss-top Dreadnought model. (US MSRP $2,599)
- As with the previous four models, the "OMCPA3," includes the Fishman F-1 Aura system. It comes adorned elegantly with a gloss-top body and is built with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. (US MSRP $2,599)
The Fishman® F1 Aura® features the stunning realism of award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging technology in a distinctive and easy to use onboard preamp system. State-of-the-art features include: digital chromatic tuner, volume and blend controls, independent three-band EQ for both pickup and image signals, compressor, phase control and an automatic anti-feedback filter with up to three notches. The heart of the F1 Aura is its ability to replicate the sound of nine different world-class studio microphones. Fishman engineers have carefully captured images of the sound that these high-quality microphones "hear" and allow you to blend it in with the legendary Gold Plus under saddle pickup. The preamp design utilizes low-noise components, 32-bit internal processing and 24-bit audio conversion for an incredibly clean and quiet output.
All five models will be available worldwide in the month of October and will be highlighted in greater detail with website content a dedicated micro site, full color catalogs, YouTube videos and more. All five guitars will begin shipping October 4, 2010 in limited quantities.
A Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all "Performing Artist Series" models purchased from authorized Martin dealers in the U.S. and Canada. To protect your investment, each guitar includes a brown hardshell case.
For more information, please visit: www.performingartistseries.com and www.martinguitar.com.
About Martin Guitar:
Founded over 175 years ago in 1833 by Christian Frederick Martin, C. F. Martin & Co. has been continuously family owned and operated for six generations. The oldest surviving acoustic instrument maker in the world, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, many still using the design and techniques introduced by the company founder in the 1830s. The privately held manufacturer is highly regarded for creating some of the finest instruments and introducing innovations that have become industry standards in the music products industry including the now-standard X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the "Dreadnought" size. Current Chairman and CEO Christian Frederick Martin, IV, took the helm of the company in 1986. www.martinguitar.com
The Lippin Group
C.F. Martin & Co.