C.F. MARTIN & CO. TO UNVEIL HALF A DOZEN NEW UKULELE MODELS AT MUSIKMESSE FRANKFURT 2011
NAZARETH, PA – April 6, 2011 – C. F. Martin & Co., Inc. (www.martinguitar.com) has announced that six new ukulele models will be introduced at Musikmesse Frankfurt 2011, the International Fair for Musical Instruments, Sheet Music, Music Production and Music Business Connections which takes place annually in Germany.
“We are excited to bring these new ukulele models to the music community and to debut them in Frankfurt,” said Chris Martin IV, the sixth-generation Martin to head the company founded by his German immigrant family over 175 years ago. “We are in the midst of a new renaissance for ukuleles, and are confident our new models will meet this demand while upholding the quality and standards Martin owners have come to expect.”
The new models being unveiled at Musikmesse (Booth F81, Hall 3.1) include:
- 2 Uke – features a solid mahogany body, solid East Indian rosewood fingerboard and newly-designed bridge, with an applied dovetail neck to body joint, black tusq nut and black compensated tusq saddle, friction peg tuners with white tuner button and a satin lacquer finish.Also includes grained ivory top binding, and beautiful hand inlayed black and white wood fiber rosette.
- 2 Concert Uke – features characteristics of the 2 Uke, but in concert size, and with black tusq nut and saddle, geared peg tuners and black tuner button.
- 2 Tenor Uke – features characteristics of the 2 Uke, but in tenor size, and with black tusq nut and saddle and a tie-block bridge.
- 2K Uke – includes solid flamed Hawaiian Koa top, back and sides in a satin lacquer finish, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, black tusq nut and compensated tusq saddle, friction peg tuners and white tuner button. Similar to the 2 Uke, this model includes grained ivory top binding, hand inlayed black and white wood fiber rosette.
- 2K Concert Uke – features characteristics of the 2K Uke, but in concert size with black tusq nut and saddle, geared peg tuners and black tuner button.
- 2K Tenor Uke – features characteristics of the 2K Uke, but in tenor size with black tusq nut and saddle, geared peg tuners, black tuner button and tie-block bridge.
The above ukes are all manufactured in Martin’s Nazareth factory, strung with Martin ukulele strings and feature a unique, pressed stamp at the back of the headstock.
About Martin Guitar:
Founded over 175 years ago in 1833 by Christian Frederick Martin, C. F. Martin & Co. has been continuously family owned and operated for six generations. The oldest surviving acoustic instrument maker in the world and largest producer of acoustic guitars in the U.S., Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, many still using the design and techniques introduced by the company founder in the 1830s. The privately held manufacturer is highly regarded for creating some of the finest instruments and introducing innovations that have become industry standards in the music products industry including the now-standard X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the "Dreadnought" size. Current Chairman and CEO Christian Frederick Martin, IV, took the helm of the company in 1986.
For more information, vision www.martinguitar.com, the company's official blog at http://martinguitar.tumblr.com or its Facebook page, or follow @MartinGuitar on Twitter.
|Visit Martin Guitar Booth F81, Hall 3.1:||For Media Information, Including Images:|
|Dick Boak/Chris Thomas||Matt Biscuiti - The Lippin Group|
|(800) 633-2060||(212) 986-7080|