Jobs at Martin
The Engineering Designer will utilize up-to-date engineering techniques to research, design and create new and/or improved guitar construction methods, machinery, guitar parts and fixtures. Responsible for computer-aided part modelling and programming multiple CNC machines and laser systems to achieve the highest quality and most cost-effective process for all current and future products and product improvements.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, conceptualize, and develop innovative designs to support new product offerings and enhancements.
- Develop detailed complex component layouts, assembly layouts, and manufacturing documentation.
- Coordinate and participate as the main designer of new fixturing systems including vendor part purchasing, bill of materials and supplying computer generated models for in-house creation.
- Conduct research into historical guitar construction data, perform detailed documentation, track, and incorporate research data into prototype and new model guitars.
- Have a key role in the acquisition and planning of production processes involving various machining methods, quality control, tooling, fixturing and code creation for our Heian Routers, Fadal, Haas, Morrison – 3 Axis CNC machining Centers, Fryer and Onsrud 5 Axis Routers, Kundig CNC Sander, Micron Milling Machine, Mazak Automated Freizing Machine, Advent Automated Neck Fit Machines, Automated Bridge Pocket Routers, Preco Laser Machining Centers, Universal Laser Engravers and other necessary equipment.
- Use the latest 3-axis and 5-axis Mastercam software to create complex 3D models (including organic surfacing) for CNC programs.
- Use the latest Solidworks software to create interactive complex 3D solid models and assemblies of guitar parts, fixturing and tooling.
- Coordinate and assist problem solving on production engineering issues.
- Provide advanced technical assistance to other departments including product engineering, new model development, including Mexico, with guitar construction and CAD/CAM software.
- Provide Quality Assurance with part documentation including calculated tolerancing.
- Utilize the Master Gauge 3D Digitizing arm and software to scan, reverse engineer. and inspect parts.
- Use 3D printer to create prototype parts and gauges.
- Proficient in the following software: Mastercam, Solidworks, Verisurf, Corel Draw, Xenetech, EngraveLab, Syteline, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Identify, test and validate appropriate/custom tooling and create CNC set-up processes.
- Have full understanding of acoustic guitar construction and wood machining techniques optimizing manufacturing methodologies and efficiencies.
- Build a solid partnership between Manufacturing areas, Quality Assurance, Tooling and Machinery, Technical Services, Research and Development and outside vendors to meet or exceed operational goals.
- Treat coworkers and visitors equally without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, marital status, arrest record, gender identity, veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Firm grasp of engineering concept and designing, including geometric tolerancing
- 3-5 years of experience using SolidWorks CAD software
- 3-5 years of experience using MasterCam CAM software Ability to read and edit G-code
- Exceptional technical and critical thinking skills and reasoning ability
- Must be initiative-taking and an effective team worker
- Ability to remain flexible and manage changing priorities within a dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Decision Making
- Planning & Organizing Work
- Commitment to Personal Learning/Knowledge Growth
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vice President of Human Resources will lead Martin’s HR function and be responsible for developing and executing HR strategies that align with the overall business objectives of the organization. One of the key strategic priorities is to strengthen the company culture and employee engagement. As the Vice President of HR, you will be responsible for all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, training and development, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, health and safety, as well as diversity and inclusion and ESG efforts. You will be a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and will work closely with them to identify and address the workforce needs of the organization, develop and implement HR policies and procedures that comply with all legal requirements, and provide strategic leadership and guidance to the HR team to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the organization and its employees. To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong leadership and communications skills, as well as extensive experience in HR management. You will have previously used HR technology and analytics to identify trends and issues, develop solutions that address the root causes of problems, and measure the effectiveness of HR initiatives.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage daily activities of Human Resources functions including developing and driving people strategies, talent and performance management, policy administration, health safety and benefits, recruiting, compensation, and employee relations issues.
- Develop a strategic HR vision and mission that creates a positive work environment which supports the new Martin brand purpose of “Unleashing the Artist Within” which is focused on driving creativity and making dreams into a reality.
- Monitor Human Resources practices, policies, and procedures on a consistent basis to ensure they meet the legal requirements while supporting the organization’s strategic plans and goals.
- Work with the ELT to translate strategic plans into annual operating plans that then drive immediate actions and measures of operational excellence.
- Work with individual ELT members to assess future talent needs for their respective functions and collaborate on strategies and plans to ensure the functions have the right talent to execute the company strategy.
- Oversee the company’s succession planning efforts.
- Evaluate and establish a HR structure and team that supports the organization’s needs today and in the future.
- Coach and develop the HR team and encourage the highest level of professionalism.
- Ensure employee engagement and regularly conduct employee engagement surveys and develop action plans to address areas of concern while encouraging positive activities.
- Collaborate with the CEO and ELT to define and articulate the organization’s vision which will be used to inspire and engage the associates as they commit to their daily activities.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
- Maintains a visible presence to the organization and collects first-hand knowledge of the health of the workforce through use of “Management by Walking Around” techniques.
- Create a “Learning Organization” that ensures that the organization’s leadership has sufficient development and create strategies to develop future leadership for the organization and monitor all staff performance on a regular basis.
- Abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including environmental, safety and health policies.
- Manage development of annual functional budget that supports operating plans while prudently manage within budget guidelines.
- Stay abreast of current HR trends and anticipate future trends likely to have an impact on the organization’s ability to achieve strategic goals.
- Assure that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing counsel and leadership to all leaders and managers to develop HR policies and training programs that align with company’s strategy of growth and core values.
- Act as a confidant with an ability to provide sound counsel and advice as it relates to sensitive relationships and decision making.
- Actively advocate for the organization and its long-established values and philosophies.
- Become very involved in charitable organizations; create programs to continually advance charity within the community.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and the community, building relationships with peer organizations when appropriate.
Position Requirements:The ideal finalists will have executive level experience with a proven track record of accomplishment. The initial expectation will be for the successful candidate to first learn the business, culture, managerial values, and then assume a key leadership role going forward. To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong leadership and communication skills, as well as extensive experience in HR management. You should be able to use HR analytics to identify trends and issues, develop solutions that address the root cause of problems, and measure the effectiveness of HR initiatives. A combination of the following specific experience is strongly preferred:
The ideal Vice President of Human Resources will be someone who:
Compensation:A package including base salary, profit sharing, 401K, SERP, health care and other benefits will be crafted to attract the best finalist.
We are currently accepting applications for a limited number of 2nd shift production positions. Experience operating wood working machinery, hand tools, close attention to detail and guitar playing skills, would be a plus.
Competitive wages, profit sharing, medical benefits and 401(k).
Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-starting candidates should send a resume to email@example.com.