MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be a key participant in all activities associated with the creation and revision of company manufacturing processes for all sites of manufacture. With specific input from the Director Domestic Manufacturing, Global Engineering, and Facilities and the Director International Manufacturing, he/she will establish and revise improvement project priorities and implementation schedules. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will direct and/or contribute to cross functional project teams to implement improvement projects that address process safety, quality, capability, throughput, efficiency, and ergonomic goals. This position directly manages the Manager of Tooling & Machinery and the Engineering Project Managers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete research, conduct benchmarking and perform analysis to develop and present projects to improve process safety, quality capability, throughput, efficiency, and ergonomics. These activities require significant interaction with production coworkers as we create world-class manufacturing processes.
- Manage and report to key stakeholders the prioritization of these projects.
- Implement approved projects according to priority and schedule.
- Track and manage all project implementation costs within capital and operating budgetary constraints.
- Track, manage, and report all project post-implementation quality, throughput, and financial results.
- Actively participate with R&D, Quality Assurance and other departments to address key material, process or product design initiatives.
- Actively participate in the New Product Introduction Process.
- Prepare and manage the operating budgets and personnel of the following areas: Tooling & Machining, and the team of Engineering Project Managers.
- Support Company’s commitment to sustainable guitar manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 7-10 years management experience in the areas of a progressive Manufacturing Engineering, Process Improvement, Manufacturing Support, or R&D Departments.
- Significant shop floor exposure to both traditional and non-traditional machining technologies.
- Demonstrated experience within the wood processing industry, musical instrument, or guitar string manufacturing industry would be considered a plus.
- Experience with automation, PLC’s, and knowledge of best manufacturing practices is required.
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Self starting and self confident; demonstrates an open, trust generating work style.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment while managing multiple projects.
- This person must possess leadership and teamwork qualities in addition to strong analytical, oral and written communication and computer skills.
- Excellent human relations skills will be required for interaction at all levels of the organization.
- Dynamic leadership and teambuilding capacity with a successful track record of staff development and coaching.
- Outlook and approach that supports collaboration.
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Partnerships
- Building Trust
- Customer Focus
- Developing a Successful Team
- Facilitating Change
- Leading through Vision and Values
- Managing Conflict
- Planning & Organizing Work
- Commitment to personal learning/knowledge growth
Interested applicants should send resume to:
C.F. Martin & Co., Inc.
510 Sycamore Street
Nazareth, PA 18064
Attn: Human Resources