SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
The Senior Director of Marketing will report to the Vice President of Global Marketing and Sales and will be part of a management team that thrives on input and collaboration from all levels of the organization.
The Senior Director of Marketing will directly manage the Social Media Marketing Manager, Creative Manager, Director of Artist Relations and Events, Web Content Manager, Public Relations and Marketing Communications Manager, Merchandise and Retail Manager, and International Marketing Consultant. This person will also have responsibility for the 1833 Shop and Martin Gear.
This position is a visible and prominent leadership role for the organization. As such, the Senior Director will be responsible for working directly with C.F. Martin’s executive staff, sales organization, and cross-functional teams within the organization to recommend, assess and critique specific marketing and interactive strategies and their impact on business and creative objectives. The Senior Director will also work with and develop major partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in innovative marketing campaigns for all Martin products including guitars, strings, and accessories. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a substantial impact on the future growth of this highly regarded company with a historic passion for excellence while driving Martin’s reputation as the maker of the world’s finest flat-top steel string guitars.
This position will play a strategic role in the creation of new marketing initiatives for C.F. Martin including building on the digital and social media marketing already established. The core duties of the Senior Director of Marketing will include: preserving and growing the Martin Brand, evaluating and executing existing and new strategies and serving as a business partner to decision makers, providing leadership in determining strategic marketing direction and aligning marketing strategies. Position also has responsibility for measuring and reporting results of marketing activities in a timely and accurate manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPERIENCE
Direct & Cross Functional Leadership
- Author and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for the company
- Work with the CEO , President, Vice President of Global Marketing and Sales and other Executive Leadership Team members to identify and develop strategic alliances and grow major customer accounts
- Provide senior management with timely and accurate marketing reporting in a way that fosters collaboration, and contributes to cross-functional decision making
- Participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in the implementation of the strategic plan and MBO goals to ensure that the plan and goals are aligned with business objectives.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Product Management and Sales on product launch and marketing support required to achieve launch and sales goals
- Collaborate with Senior Director Product Management and other leaders on establishing the direction and marketing strategy for the company’s product lines to drive and increase revenue and brand awareness.
- Preserve and deliver value from proven traditions, while thoughtfully articulating and leading opportunities for change
- Direct and Implement trade show strategy (NAMM)
- Oversee Archives and Museum as they relate to brand promotion and advertising
- Oversee direction of Artist Relations and Events
Strategy, Marketing, Promotion, and Advertising
- Develop and recommend strategic brand marketing initiatives, business development and management in the areas of guitar, strings, and resale in order to enhance the brand, drive revenue and profitability and increase product/brand awareness.
- Direct the uniform presentation of the company and master brand worldwide through the following platforms: creative direction, advertising (print and online), public relations, website, digital and social media, Martin Gear and Martin Owners Club.
- Ability to strategically grow a marketing function that will promote the C.F. Martin brand in new and different ways including taking full advantage of digital and social media marketing including making recommendations to address the changing interactive digital media landscape
- Develop and implement annual marketing calendar and coordinate between marketing, sales and all other functional areas on matters concerning the planning and execution of promotional programs, advertising, public relations, and communications
- Develop and maintain outside contacts and sources for advertising, promotional programs, and partnership marketing efforts
- Lead market research efforts for the company
- Manage departmental advertising and promotional budgets
- A strong team player who can collaboratively work with other marketing professionals, sales, and other functional areas in the development and execution of promotional programs, advertising, and communications
- Experience in building key B2B and B2C relationships
- Experience and/or deep understanding of key marketing approaches including Content Driven Digital/Social Media/Internet Marketing, Market Research, Event Marketing, Promotions, Loyalty Programs, Public Relations, Partnership Marketing, and Artist Relations
- Demonstrated ability to develop, prepare, approve, and manage all types of advertising including copy and sales promotion materials including catalogs, price sheets, packaging, brochures, space advertising and relationships with external advertising agencies
- A desire to represent the Martin brand and Company in all settings and travel as necessary
The ideal finalists will have senior level strategic marketing experience with a proven track record of accomplishment. The initial expectation will be for the successful candidate to first learn the business, culture, managerial values, and then incorporate this and drive the Marketing team going forward. A combination of the following specific qualifications is strongly preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with Marketing a plus
- Extensive experience (at least 15 years) in the Marketing function for a private or publicly traded company with a strong brand orientation
- Dynamic hands-on leadership style and qualities with a successful track record of team building, staff development and coaching
- Savvy digital media executive, with a deep interest in the evolution of the digital media landscape and how that change affects consumer behavior
A package including base salary, bonus, profit sharing, 401K, health care and other competitive benefits.
Interested candidates and sources are encouraged to engage in a confidential dialog with the company’s exclusive executive search provider:
HUDSON GAIN CORPORATION
Senior Vice President