Custom Shop D-28 1937
The all-new Custom Shop D-28 1937 rewards players with the sonic superiority of Martin’s Authentic Series and the everyday practicality of a workhorse guitar. Regarded as the cornerstone of performance, Martin’s highly prized 1937 models set the benchmark for generations of instruments that followed. This guitar sports time-tested features like Authentic bracing, hide glue and cloth strip construction, and an adjustable truss rod which gives enthusiasts the day-in, day-out reliability of an instrument that travels well AND responds to seasonal adjustments as it matures. With the all-new Custom Shop D-28 1937 the stars have aligned again.
Visually, this Model takes advantage of our proprietary Vintage Low Gloss process with a selection of craft-quality finishes. It is available in a natural or vintage Ambertone burst finish AND your preference of our proprietary low-gloss or the new Stage 1 lightly aged finish. Lacking the heavy wear and tear of an instrument that’s seen considerable use, the Stage 1 finish with light cracking and crazing is inspired by those rare vintage instruments that were simply kept in the case and tucked away for decades. Our Stage 1 finish bears the marks of time but not the battle scars common on many vintage re-creations.
Available only at Custom Shop Expert Dealers
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Custom & Special Editions
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1937 Forward Shifted X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Electronics: None
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: None
- Bridge Style: 1930 Style Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamond & Square Long
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Antique White
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 1937 Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel Open Back
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Golden Era Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Label: None
- Pleked: true