c. f. martin & co., inc.’s online privacy and security statement
At C. F. Martin & Co., Inc. (“Martin”) we take the privacy of our customers and the security of their Personal Information very seriously. We believe that protecting your privacy is an integral part of the customer service we provide to you. This is Martin’s Online Privacy and Security Statement (the “Statement”) that applies to Martin’s website located at www.martinguitar.com. This Statement only applies to the www.martinguitar.com website.
How we protect and use customer personal information
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer personal information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose.
- C. F. Martin & Co., Inc. ("Martin") has implemented a variety of encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. We also maintain procedural safeguards that restrict access to your Personal Information to employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who need to know your Personal Information in order to provide the products and services that you request. "Personal Information" may include your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and credit or debit card numbers.
- Martin uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to keep others from intercepting your information while it is being transmitted across the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard method of communicating secure online transactions and is built into most major browsers. Information, once on our server(s), is protected from unintended external access or intrusions. Only Martin employees who require your Personal Information to serve you have access to your data. Martin employees who have access to Personal Information are trained in the privacy and security practices of this Statement.
- Transaction Security - Secured communications on the web involve the elements of authentication, encryption and data integrity. All three are addressed by the SSL protocol used by Martin.
- Authentication is the process of establishing that you are communicating with our web server, as opposed to another server assuming our identity. We have obtained a VeriSign digital security certificate for www.martinguitar.com. VeriSign Authentication Services from Symantec Corporation is an independent third party that authenticates the identity of others on the Internet. The VeriSign certificate confirms that we are the recipients of your communication.
- Encryption is the process of scrambling data to prohibit any unintended recipient from understanding it if they intercept the data while being transferred from your browser to our server(s).
- Data Integrity ensures the data passed between your browser and our server is not being tampered with while in transit. SSL protects information en route to us, and the VeriSign certificate confirms that we are the recipients of this information. Although Martin strives to protect all data received, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we do not warrant or ensure the security of any information sent to us online. To ensure you are in SSL or secure mode for your transactions, look at the address of the page. Secure pages will usually appear with an address that begins with https:// rather than the standard http://.
We collect and maintain customer information as part of servicing your product purchases and your customer relationship.
- We maintain only the Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us or that is given to us by affiliated entities or third parties that have your permission to share your Personal Information with us.
- If you choose to place an order from our site, you must provide the following information: your name, shipping and/or mailing addresses, telephone number or email address (in case our customer service personnel need to reach you about your order) and credit or debit card account number.
- How You Can Control the Use of Your Personal Information - We give you choices and control over the collection and use of your Personal Information. If you would like to change your Personal Information in our records or remove your name from our mailing list, please contact us by:
- sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling: 1-610-759-2837
- writing: C. F. Martin & Co. Inc., Customer Service Department, P. O. Box 329, Nazareth, PA 18064-0329; include your name, mailing or email address, or telephone number.
- Opt-in, Opt-Out Features - Martin puts control over email communications in the users’ hands. Electronic correspondences are sent only to people who have chosen to receive them (to opt-in). Each communication contains simple access to update profile/email address and unsubscribe (opt-out) with instant removal from the Martin email
The customer personal information we collect is used to service your product purchases, warranty your product, and meet your product information needs.
- When you place an order, submit an instrument warranty registration or any other type of electronic form, or request product information, your Personal Information is required and may be used. All of these services are optional; if you do not wish to provide Personal Information you may simply decline to take advantage of that service.
- Martin will use your Personal Information to respond to and fulfill your orders and/or requests, including through (a) online purchases, (b) online warranty registration, (c) email communications, and (d) customer service requests.
- Cookies also allow us to personalize your shopping experience and speed the checkout process. Because we rely on cookies to make the shopping experience easier and more tailored to your needs, your browser must be set to accept cookies before you can place an order at www.martinguitar.com/1833Shop. If you would like more information about how cookies work, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com
- Our Policies Regarding Children - Martin does not knowingly collect Personal Information about any person under 13 years of age. We do not sell products for purchase by children; however, we do sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any information without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
We do not share customer personal information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
- Martin does not rent or sell your Personal Information to outside third parties.
- Martin requires contractual agreements with all agencies, service providers and business partners whom require Personal Information to complete a transaction that you specifically request. We may share, transfer or release segments of your Personal Information to process credit card orders, for order fulfillment purposes or specialized services necessary to complete a transaction that you specifically request or for use in making our business more responsive to your needs.
- The companies with which we may share Personal Information are contractually prohibited from using such information obtained from Martin for any purpose other than that for which it was provided and are required to have appropriate safeguards in place to protect that information.
- Disclosure Under Legal Duty - If compelled to do so by valid subpoena or court order or other governmental process, we may disclose your Personal Information, as we are legally required to do.
Important information for current customers.
- Updates to this Statement - We reserve the right to make changes, revisions, or amendments at any time to our online policies and/or alter the look and functionality of our website. However, if we change how we maintain or use your Personal Information, we will post the policy change notification on the website and update this Statement accordingly. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement for the latest information on our online privacy and security policies.
- This Statement is effective as of June 3, 2011.
- If you have further questions regarding this Statement, please contact us by:
- Sending an email to: email@example.com
- Calling: 610-759-2837
- Writing: C.F. Martin & Co., Customer Service Department, P.O. Box 329, Nazareth, PA 18064-0329; include your name, mailing or email address, or telephone number.