D-18 Authentic 1939 Aged
A new guitar that looks and sounds like it’s been played for 80 years, the Aged version of the acclaimed D-18 Authentic 1939 includes all of the goodness that comes with Martin’s Authentic Series instruments, like hide glue construction and hand-scalloped X-bracing—plus the VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a vintage Martin. But we didn’t stop there. We’ve now taken this amazing model and methodically, painstakingly distressed it, inside and out, in all the right places. The result is a tactile, visual, and auditory experience that will transport you all the way back to the 1930s. And we know you’re going to like it there. Stock is limited.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1939 Rearward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1939
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Electronics: No
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Modified Vintage Toner
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle - Aged
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: Aged
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic - Aged
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise- Aged
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: Aged
- Back Purfling/Strip: Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: Ebony
- Side Detail: Aged
- Endpiece: Faux Tortoise
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Old Style 18
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Grained Ivoroid
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 1939 Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear - Aged
- Headplate Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Golden Era Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Headplate Detail: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: None