Martin Guitar debuts breakthrough guitar that redefines what an acoustic-electric can do
January 16, 2020
C. F. Martin & Co.® (Martin®) introduced, at the Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, California, the SC-13E, a new guitar with a brand-new body shape, designed from the ground up to be extremely comfortable and remove the limitations of a conventional cutaway acoustic-electric.
“By observing and talking to musicians over the years, we were able to identify challenges with conventional acoustic cutaways and address them,” said Vice President of Product Development Fred Greene. “With the SC-13E, we wanted to create an acoustic guitar with the comfort and playability of an electric.”
The thoughtfully designed SC-13E is packed with innovations, including:
- The all-new shape that is designed for comfort and sonic balance.
- A revolutionary cutaway design that completely removes the heel, allowing full access to every fret without contorting your hand.
- The groundbreaking Sure Align™ neck system, with a linear dovetail neck joint, that allows for easy adjustments to the action and neck tension.
- A 13-fret position neck joint with a 25.4” scale length that offers the tone of a long scale and the playability of a short scale.
- A low-profile neck, ergonomically designed for improved playing positions and comfort.
- An onboard Fishman® pickup, complete with a built-in tuner.
- New appointments that give the guitar a stunning aesthetic, including new inlays and koa fine veneer.
“Our product team continues to break the mold and bring new and exciting innovations to life,” said C. F. Martin & Company Chairman and CEO Chris Martin. “I am pleased to add the SC-13E to our product line, and I encourage both acoustic and electric guitar players to give it a try. They’ll be impressed by what they can accomplish.”
To learn more about the SC-13E, please visit WWW.MARTINGUITAR.COM/NOLIMITS