D-45S Authentic 1936 Aged
The D-45S Authentic 1936 Aged is based on an extremely rare large body D-45 that was once displayed in the Martin museum. It features Brazilian rosewood back and sides, a pre-aged Adirondack spruce top, and period-correct Style 45 appointments, including gold tuners with hand-engraved butterbean knobs. A newly constructed masterpiece that looks and sounds like it’s been played for 80 years, the D-45S Authentic 1936 Aged includes all of the goodness instilled within Martin’s Authentic Series, like hide glue construction and hand-scalloped X-bracing. It also boasts the VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a highly sought-after vintage Martin, both in tone and appearance.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Large Body
- Finish Top: Gloss- Aged
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss- Aged
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1936 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1936
- Back Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Electronics: No
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Modified Vintage Toner
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle - Aged
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Top Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: Aged
- Bridge Pin Material: Faux Ivory - Aged
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise- Aged
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: Aged
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 45 Golden Era
- Back Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Detail: Aged
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Endpiece Inlay: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Gloss- Aged
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1936 Authentic Style Snowflakes
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Dots: Faux Tortoise
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 1936 Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear - Aged
- Headplate Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Knob: Engraved Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: 1936 Authentic Block Inlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Headplate Detail: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: None