New mother-of-pearl pattern inlay on the rosette and fingerboard lend a richness to the D-X2E making it as impressive to look at as it is to play. With a Performing Artist neck, fingerboard, and bridge of select hardwood, the sound transfer of this model has been greatly improved. It is equipped with Fishman® MX electronics and strung with Martin’s Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings. With a new, soft gig bag featuring headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors, a durable water-repellent exterior, and foam padding, this model is ready to go anywhere.
Due to material availability the D-X2E Rosewood and D-X2E Mahogany are designed with either a tortoise pattern or black pickguard. Selection may vary.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Light
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Hand-Rubbed
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Back and Side Finish: None
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Yes
- Electronics Options: Fishman® MX
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: None
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: None
- Bridge Material: Katalox
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern or Black (selection varies)
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Mother-of-Pearl Pattern with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Detail: Figured Koa Pattern
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: Black
- Side Detail: Figured Koa Pattern
- Endpiece: None
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Katalox
- Finish Neck: Hand-Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: None
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl Pattern
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Headplate Detail: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Soft Gig Bag
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: Paper Label
- Pleked: true