D-28 Authentic 1937
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, Adirondack red spruce soundboard and a 1 3/4" neck width. This addition to the Authentic series is a recreation of the original 1937 model offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides. Martin’s new VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1937 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937
- Back Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Electronics: No
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: Faux Ivory
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1937 Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Grained Ivoroid
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 1937 Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Golden Era Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Headplate Detail: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: None