D-18 Modern Deluxe
The D-18 Modern Deluxe is a new take on Martin Vintage. This guitar is packed with custom features and modern technology that you have to see, feel, and hear for yourself. The vintage appointments include a Sitka spruce VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) top, a dovetail neck joint, and natural protein glue construction that give it the rich, fully aged Martin tone that has inspired generations. The look is unlike anything in our production line to date with East Indian rosewood binding, stylish gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, and a unique 1930s style script logo inlaid in pearl on the headstock. Some ultra-modern features include Liquidmetal® bridge pins with red dots and a composite carbon fiber bridgeplate that boosts volume. And we’ve included a new neck shape that is slightly asymmetrical for maximum hand comfort up and down the fretboard. This guitar is anything but standard.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Electronics: Optional
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: Liquidmetal®
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Red Acrylic
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Old Style 18 Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 18
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Old Style 18
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Abalone
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Stylized Script Inlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Headplate Detail: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: None
- Pleked: true
The New Modern Deluxe Series
Martin's Fred Greene talks about the new Modern Deluxe Series and its creation.