The artwork, with its unmistakable toothy grin, was executed by Robert F. Goetzl and inspired by the WWII squadron planes that were painted and made famous by the legendary American Volunteer Group, the Flying Tigers. The body shape and style are built on the foundation of a D-17, and the artwork is digitally applied on the Sitka spruce top. This guitar is sure to turn heads wherever you go.
This product is produced under licensed ArtGuitar® Patented Technology covered by one or more of the following US patents US 7,736,706, US 7,737,349, US 7,470,455, US 7,895,967 or US 8,192,040.
MARTIN Retro Acoustic Guitar Strings - Light
Martin Retro® strings are the real deal. Not an imitation. With Martin Retro® strings, you get one tough set that offers true, consistent tone and sounds like nothing else on the market. Martin’s solid nickel/copper alloy blend provides a reduced pick attack that allows the guitar’s tonewoods to be heard, not overshadowed. Martin’s proprietary Monel wrap wire is naturally corrosion resistant, so you can play them for a long time with nothing to get in the way of your music. Discover your guitar’s true voice.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Mod Low Oval
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Electronics: None
- Recommended Strings: Retro® Light MM12
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Custom Ink
- Bridge Style: Modern Straightline- Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Silver
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Top Detail: Custom Design
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: None
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: None
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: None
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1955 Style 18
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Yellow
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Knob: Cream
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Soft Shell
- Label: None
- Pleked: true