D-28 Authentic 1937 Aged
If you’re looking for a new guitar that looks and sounds like you’ve been playing it for 80 years, you have just found your holy grail of guitars. The Aged version of the D-28 Authentic 1937 includes all of the goodness that comes with Martin’s Authentic Series instruments, like hide glue construction and hand-scalloped X bracing. Plus, the VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a vintage Martin. Learn more about the aging process here. The result is a tactile, visual, and auditory experience that will transport you all the way back to the 1930s. And we know you’re going to like it there.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1937 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937
- Back Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Electronics: No
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Modified Vintage Toner
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle - Aged
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: Aged
- Bridge Pin Material: Faux Ivory - Aged
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise- Aged
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: Aged
- Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Side Detail: Aged
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1937 Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Grained Ivoroid
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 1937 Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Aged Waverly Nickel Open Back
- Headplate Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Golden Era Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Headplate Detail: Aged
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: None