D-45S Authentic 1936
Here to remind you why you fell in love with us in the first place, the new Authentics are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institution. The D-45S Authentic 1936 is based on a large body D-45 located in our museum, and features Brazilian rosewood back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, period-correct "45" Authentic style appointments, and includes gold tuners with hand-engraved butterbean knobs. Martin’s new VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) is employed for the top and braces. The new Martin VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
MARTIN AUTHENTIC ACOUSTIC LIFESPAN® 2.0 GUITAR STRINGS - Medium
Next generation Martin® Authentic Acoustic® Lifespan® 2.0 strings are engineered using a new, patented anti-corrosion treatment only available from Martin. It protects the core and wrap wire to prevent corrosion without compromising tone or feel. Our impeccable standards for acoustic guitar tone are embedded in our string design and precision manufacturing process. That’s why we make our own.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Martin Guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the original owner of the instrument purchased from the authorized Martin Guitar dealer located within the United States or Canada, to which the instrument was originally shipped. The instrument must be registered for warranty online at martinguitar.com.
The warranty is not transferrable to another owner. Instruments purchased outside of the US or Canada are eligible for coverage provided by the authorized Martin Guitar distributor in the country where it was purchased. The dealer where you purchased your instrument will provide warranty details.
Specifications - Overview
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Large Body
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1936 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1936
- Back Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Electronics: No
Specifications - Top
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Top Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: Faux Ivory
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Specifications - Body
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 45 Golden Era
- Back Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Endpiece Inlay: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
Specifications - Neck
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Gloss
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1936 Authentic Style Snowflakes
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Dots: Faux Tortoise
Specifications - Headstock
- Headstock Shape: Solid with 1936 Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Headplate Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Knob: Engraved Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: 1936 Authentic Block Inlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Headplate Detail: None
Specifications - Misc
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: true
- Label: None