Nazareth, PA (NAMM, Booth 901) - C.F. Martin & Co. ® debuts a new Junior Series model, the D Jr. 2 Sapele, crafted with sapele top, back and sides, at the upcoming 2016 Summer NAMM Trade Show. First introduced at 2015 Winter NAMM, the D Jr. E (also available without electronics) https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/junior/ has quickly become a favorite amongst guitar enthusiasts and popular singer/songwriters. The new D Jr. 2 Sapele will be available without electronics and the D Jr. 2E Sapele will come equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics.
Adding to the already popular Road Series, Martin Guitar proudly introduces the DRSG, with Sitka spruce top and Fishman Sonitone electronics, as well as seven new X Series Cutaway models featuring Sonitone electronics, including three new Dreadnought cutaways - DCXAE Black, DCX1RAE and DCX1AE, three GPC models - GPCXAE Black, GPCX1RAE and GPCX1AE and the OMCXAE Black.
Further details on the Martin Guitar products that will be showcased at 2016 Summer NAMM are below and at www.martinguitar.com/new
- DRSG: With a Sitka spruce top and siris back and sides, this Dreadnought is a great sounding guitar at an affordable price. A Richlite fingerboard and bridge, gloss body, hand rubbed neck finish and Fishman Sonitone electronics make this model a great guitar for players of all levels. #OwnTheRoad (MSRP: $ 1,499)
- D Jr.: The D Jr. is a pure acoustic guitar, crafted from a Sitka spruce top paired with sapele back and sides, Richlite fingerboard and bridge, and a hand-rubbed body and neck finish. Every D Jr. model includes a form-fitted nylon gig bag for easy transport. Affordably priced, the D. Jr. is ideal for smaller players, students, travelers, or anyone who aspires to the clarity and depth of tone that has defined Martin instruments for more than 180 years. (MSRP: $699).
- D Jr. E.: This model is available with Fishman Sonitone electronics for an additional cost of $100.00 (MSRP: $799).
- D Jr. 2 Sapele: The distinctive Dreadnought Junior body size is a great guitar for players of all levels that is really easy to play, yet maintains the booming bass attributed to the Dreadnought body shape. The D Jr. 2 Sapele acoustic guitar uses sapele as the foundation for the top, back and sides. This model also features a Richlite fingerboard and bridge, and a hand-rubbed body and neck finish. The perfect package to complete any collection. (MSRP: $699).
- D Jr. 2E Sapele: This model is available with Fishman Sonitone electronics for an additional cost of $100.00 (MSRP: $799).
- DCXAE Black: This Dreadnought cutaway model combines the beauty and durability of Jett black high-pressure laminate (HPL) top, back and sides with a Richlite fingerboard and bridge to give you a great sounding, affordable guitar. The cutaway provides a greater tonal range by making the upper register more accessible. Add Fishman Sonitone electronics and you are ready to plug-in and play. (MSRP: $ 879)
- DCX1RAE: This 14-fret Dreadnought cutaway crafted from a Sitka spruce top and rosewood patterned high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides is sure to please players of all levels. The DCX1RAE is complete with a hand-rubbed top and neck finish and Fishman Sonitone electronics. (MSRP: $ 929)
- DCX1AE: A Sitka spruce top is paired with mahogany patterned high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides for a very classic looking Martin Dreadnought. This 14-fret guitar cutaway features a hand-rubbed top and neck finish with a Richlite fingerboard and bridge and Fishman Sonitone electronics. (MSRP: $ 929)
- GPCXAE Black: A Grand Performance cutaway model crafted from Jett black high-pressure laminate (HPL) top, back and sides. A Richlite fingerboard and bridge and Fishman Sonitone VT electronics complete this model and make this guitar an understated, eye-catching beauty with great durability. (MSRP: $ 879)
- GPCX1RAE: A Sitka spruce top with rosewood patterned high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides combined with a Richlite fingerboard and bridge and Fishman Sonitone electronics make the GPCX1RAE a very versatile guitar for players of all levels. (MSRP: $ 929)
- GPCX1AE: The GPCX1AE features a Sitka spruce top and mahogany patterned high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, Richlite fingerboard and bridge, hand-rubbed top and neck finish, Fishman Sonitone electronics make this grand performance cutaway model an all-around great sounding performer. (MSRP: $ 929)
- OMCXAE Black: The OMCXAE Black is constructed from Jett black high-pressure laminate (HPL) to make a very durable, affordable, great sounding guitar. And with Fishman Sonitone VT electronics, this guitar is just waiting to be enjoyed. (MSRP: $ 879)
About Martin Guitar & Strings
C.F. Martin & Co. ® (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for 183 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards, including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the “Dreadnought” size. One of the world’s leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques, along with those introduced by the company founder.
The company is also known for producing high-quality, popular acoustic guitar strings. These include the successful Martin SP® LIFESPAN® the fastest-growing treated string in the industry, the exciting new Retro Strings line played and loved by Tony Rice and Laurence Juber and the Martin SP line, which uses an industry leading core wire to hold tunings better.
Martin guitars and Martin strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, pop, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television to movies, Broadway, books, online, and gracing the covers of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere. Connect with Martin and Martin Strings on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and via www.martinguitar.com and www.martinstrings.com.
DKC for Martin Guitar
V.P., Brand marketing, C.F. Martin & Co.