NAZARETH, PA – C.F. Martin & Co.® is continuing to add to their official Martin Guitar Ambassador program with today’s hottest artists including Grammy nominee Elle King, Sam Hunt, Anderson East, Father John Misty, Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes, Flo Morrissey, Brett Dennen, and Megan Rapinoe. These musicians join the family of Martin Ambassadors who comprise a venerable group of career artists that love and proudly represent the Martin Guitar brand known worldwide for 183 years of premiere craftsmanship and guitar innovation.
"Martin Guitar has been fortunate to have countless legendary singer/songwriters play our instruments for decades - everyone from Hank Williams to Johnny Cash,” said Chairman & CEO Chris Martin. “Now with the Ambassador program, we are enhancing the successful relationships we have had with generations of popular musicians who have are devoted to our brand by formally acknowledging their talented musicianship and love of Martin Guitars."
The Martin Ambassador Program consists of a variety of talented artists, whether their background lies in music or sports, and the diverse roster already includes professional Olympic snowboarder Danny Davis, Americana Music Award winners Seth Avett of The Avett Brothers and Jason Isbell, Of Monsters and Men, Sturgill Simpson, The Milk Carton Kids, Ben Howard, LP, and more. The complete list of official Ambassadors can be found here: www.martinguitar.com/ambassadors.
"Three years ago we wanted to create an Ambassador program that felt more like a family of friends than a list of artists that just happen to play Martin guitars. I am proud to say that we are accomplishing this goal through our flagship program,” said VP of Brand Marketing, Amani Duncan. “The Martin Ambassador program consists of a select number of the most talented singer/songwriters on the music scene today who we consider to be career-artists making a profound and diverse impact in music."
- Elle King - "The only acoustic guitar I ever wanted to play was a Martin. And it's the only acoustic guitar I'm ever going to play. It's an honor to be a Martin Ambassador."
- Anderson East – "There is so much history and possibility in these instruments. My Martin is a constant source of inspiration, a teacher and most of all a companion."
- Flo Morrissey – “What an honour to be an ambassador of my beloved friend, Martin. I'm excited to keep creating and sharing it with the world.”
- Megan Rapinoe, USWNT – "I am beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to partner up with such an iconic brand as Martin Guitars. Music has been a huge part of my life and career as a soccer player. It's very exciting to bring these worlds together."
- Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes - "A prerequisite for a great guitar used to be that it was an older guitar. Thanks to what Martin is doing now, that's not true anymore. The guitars they're building now are some of the greatest guitars I've ever played, let alone just Martin guitars. I’m glad to be a part of the family!"
- Brett Dennen – "I’m a Martin guy. Always have been. I fell in love a long time ago with the songs they make. They’re all works of art made by hand. I don’t treat them like they are my most prized possessions because a songwriter’s tools are not for coddling. They have to go where I have to go. Right or regretful, always truthful. It's an honor to be part of the Martin family."
A select number of artists have also collaborated with Martin Guitar’s Custom Shop to create Artist Signature Edition models. These include two Ed Sheeran Signature Editions and the D-35 Seth Avett of The Avett Brothers. Martin has also ventured into the world of action sports with Ambassadors like the newly announced US Women’s National Soccer Team Megan Rapinoe, Billabong-sponsored surfer and singer-songwriter Donavon Frankenreiter and professional Burton snowboarder riders Jack Mitrani and Olympian Danny Davis. Burton, Danny Davis and Martin came together to create the limited edition Burton's Winter 15 Easy Livin Snowboard, featuring Martin Guitar-inspired graphics that Danny rode during the 2014 Winter Olympics and X Games.
TESTIMONIALS FROM MARTIN AMBASSADORS:
- Bear & Bo Rinehart, NEEDTOBREATHE – "The Ambassador Program has been a game-changer for us. Martin is a huge part in supporting us both musically and through our charitable partners. They provide guitars that are tough enough for the road but also make for a sweet sound in the studio. We're pumped to bring them out on our Tour de Compadres later this year!"
- Chris Carrabba, Twin Forks and Dashboard Confessional – "I didn't know there was a perfect acoustic guitar until I bought my first Martin. My Martin is a workhorse, a writing partner, and a source of endless power and beauty. I've been singing the praises of Martin guitars for years. Not only does Martin support hard touring artists like myself, they treat every customer as if playing guitar is their lifeblood. I'm honored to be a Martin Ambassador. It is honestly a dream come true."
- Chuck Ragan – "I couldn't be more honored and privileged to be a part of the Martin Guitar Ambassador Program. From building timeless masterpieces to raising crucial social awareness worldwide, Martin has truly stolen our hearts and set a positive example for independent and corporate businesses alike."
- Cody Simpson – "The feel of a Martin is unparalleled. So much joy of playing them on stage every night. I recorded with 2 different Martin acoustics on my new record Free and it just wouldn't feel as authentic and pure any other way."
- Colbie Caillat – "The first guitar I ever played was my Dad's 1968 Martin that had been used to record songs on Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" album. The quality of Martin guitars and their stunningly crisp sound is a standard I grew up appreciating and loving to play on all my albums and all of my tours - that’s why I feel honored to be a Martin Guitar Ambassador."
- Dallas Green, City and Colour – "I've always loved the way Martins have looked and felt since I first picked up a guitar. I couldn't be more honored to be a part of the Martin family. Every time I play my custom built piece of art, I have to take a second look to make sure someone isn't playing a trick on me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."
- Danny Davis – "I was fortunate enough to be introduced to the Martin Family through Burton Snowboards. We created a graphic that I and many people in my sport will always remember. Martin is truly a family and they have been supporting projects I am involved with for years now. Stoked to have been brought into the Martin Family."
- Dierks Bentley – "My old Martin that has a hole in it has been around the world with me and at gigs ranging from Lollapalooza to the Grand Ole Opry. My love of that guitar and the history of the Martin brand is what inspired my signature model, and that's one of the things I'm most proud of in my career. I’ve really enjoyed getting feedback from fans, and I'm still working on breaking mine in just right too!"
- Donavon Frankenreiter – "There's nothing better than a Martin. If you're going to play music you might as well make it sound the best it can. I'm proud to be a part of the Martin Guitar family."
- Jack Mitrani – "It's truly a gift and an honor to be a part of the Martin family amongst so many talented musicians and the most passionate, inspiring, and humble employees I have ever met. Growing up it was always a dream to bridge the gap between snowboarding and music, and with Martin's support the dream has never felt so real! Looking forward to jamming with Valerie June and Sleepy Man in the Martin Dome at the next Frendly Gathering in June!"
- Jason Isbell – "I'm very proud to call myself a Martin Ambassador. Martin makes the finest acoustic guitars on Earth, and they show immense support for touring and recording artists like me."
- Gabrielle Aplin – "I love my Martin guitars because they are so versatile and filled with character. I have 2 that I use solely for writing, and my favourite that i take on the road with me and use in the studio. Its tone works perfectly in both intimate and full band settings and of course Martin guitars have such a great history that I'm proud to be a part of."
- Hunter Hayes – "It's a privilege to be a Martin ambassador. I'm a huge fan of the brand to begin with but getting to work with them and learn their passion for what they do is what makes being a fan even cooler. Being an ambassador for Martin has allowed me to express my love for guitar playing in all kinds of ways that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. It's especially cool when a brand as credible as Martin supports someone like me and believes in supporting my music and what I do, it's fantastic to have that kind of support from a company like Martin."
- James Valentine of Maroon 5 – "My HD-28 is solid. We have no problem endorsing Martin guitars, because they are great!"
- Kenneth Pattengale, Milk Carton Kids – "Simple. Martin Guitars sound the best."
- Raggi, Of Monsters and Men – "I love my Custom Martin guitar!"
- Rivers Cuomo, Weezer – "It’s all about my Martin."
- Seth Avett, The Avett Brothers – "Introducing and fostering a close working relationship with the Martin Guitar company as an Ambassador has revolutionized my experience as a working musician. In terms of functionality, the before-and-after would be on par with the difference between building a house by me or having a legendarily experienced carpentry crew on the site. In this case, fortunately for me, the additional carpenters have also become my friends."
- Sturgill Simpson – "Never in a million years when I was a teenager learning Stanley Brothers songs on my Grandfather's guitar would I have ever thought someday I'd be a Martin Ambassador. Words cannot express the pride and honor I feel representing this company, its legacy, and its products."
- Thomas Rhett – "I was raised around guitars— it seemed like my dad never put his down! And from an early age I’ve always had an appreciation for them. So naturally I’ve always been drawn to Martins and I’m so happy to officially be part of the Martin family now."
- Tommy Mizzone, Sleepy Man – "The Martin Guitar Ambassador program is far more than an artist link on a website, it’s a family of support by the world’s greatest guitar company. We are honored to have Martin active in our career."
- Valerie June – "Having the support of the best acoustic guitar company that's over 100 years old is really an honor. It's lovely to be a part of the Martin Ambassador Family because I consider my guitar to be one of my most valued family members. I rarely leave my house without having it beside me!"
C.F. Martin & Co. ® (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for 183 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards, including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the “Dreadnought” size. One of the world’s leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques, along with those introduced by the company founder.
The company is also known for producing high-quality, popular acoustic guitar strings. These include the successful Martin SP® LIFESPAN™ the fastest-growing treated string in the industry, the exciting new Retro Strings line played and loved by Tony Rice and Laurence Juber and the Martin SP line, which uses an industry leading core wire to hold tunings better.
Martin guitars and Martin strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, pop, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television to movies, Broadway, books, online, and gracing the covers of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere. Connect with Martin and Martin Strings on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and via www.martinguitar.com and www.martinstrings.com.
DKC Public Relations
for Martin Guitar
Vice President, Brand Marketing
C. F. Martin & Co.