Nazareth, PA (NAMM, Hall B Booth 5454) – January 3, 2017 – C.F. Martin & Co.® (Martin Guitar) announces the debut of the new Dwight Yoakam DD28 Signature Edition and D-28 John Prine Signature Edition to be unveiled at Winter NAMM 2017 in Anaheim, CA, January 19th -22nd. The leading acoustic guitar manufacturer teamed up with two legendary award-winning American country singer-songwriter icons to collaborate on two models that are guaranteed to generate excitement amongst guitar enthusiasts worldwide.
"The look, feel and sound of this guitar has exceeded all my expectations. I absolutely love it!"
John Prine on his D-28 John Prine Signature Edition
Riding on the success of the wildly popular CEO 7 model, Martin continues its CEO Series with the introduction of the CEO 8.2 that is offered with and without electronics. The world-renown Custom Shop continues its limited edition series with the CS-CFMartinOutlaw-17, a limited edition Dreadnought model crafted with traditional Authentic features such as hide glue construction and Vintage Tone System (VTS https://www.martinguitar.com/features-materials/vintage-tone-system-vts/ ) Adirondack spruce top. And to complete this line up, Martin continues to expand its Authentic Series with the introduction of the 000-30 Authentic 1919.
Further details on the new Martin Guitar models that will be featured at 2017 Winter NAMM are below and at www.martinguitar.com/new.
- Dwight Yoakam DD28 Signature Edition - The Dwight Yoakam DD28 is inspired from a 1972 D-28, the guitar Dwight has played his whole career. He has always loved the sound of his guitar and his custom signature model could not be anything less. Honky tonks and casinos are the theme for this model. Crafted from Sitka spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides, this model honors the classic booming sound of the Dreadnought. An ebony fingerboard is the backdrop for the inlaid mother-of-pearl and recon stone playing cards. The other truly unique feature of this instrument is the bull’s horn shaped pickguard. This guitar is sure to be a treasured instrument for years to come.(MSRP: $5999)
- D-28 John Prine - This beautiful model is limited to only 70 instruments. John Prine played a 1960’s D-28 his whole life, and he wanted his signature model to replicate his coveted Martin guitar. The D-28 John Prine is crafted with an Engelmann spruce top and gorgeous Madagascar rosewood back and sides. The Madagascar rosewood headplate is inlaid with pearl angel wings, a nod to Prine’s masterpiece and most commonly covered song “Angel from Montgomery”. The top bears an antique toner finish for a warm, aged appearance. This model also features antique white binding, bone nut and saddle, an ebony bridge, and an ebony fingerboard inlaid with abalone pearl snowflakes and a very unique case made of a cream tweed exterior and bright red interior. (MSRP: $6999)
- CS-CFMartinOutlaw-17- A limited edition Dreadnought that breaks the rules, this model is crafted with traditional, Authentic Series features such as hide glue construction combined with modern features, such as a modified low oval neck with a high performance taper and modern belly bridge and drop-in saddle. The CS-CFMARTINOUTLAW-17 will be limited to only 100 instruments. It is constructed with an Adirondack spruce top with Vintage Tone System and genuine mahogany back and sides, antique white binding and heelcap, Brazilian rosewood headplate, bone nut and saddle and an ebony fingerboard and bridge. This Dreadnought will sing loud and proud. (MSRP: $6999)
- 000-30 Authentic 1919 - Remaining true to its origins, the 000-30 Authentic 1919 is meticulously crafted with hide glue construction, dovetail neck joint, solid Adirondack spruce top with Vintage Tone System, solid Madagascar rosewood back and sides with a Vintage Gloss finish, a grained ivoroid bound, black ebony fingerboard inlaid with abalone 1919 snowflakes and a black ebony bridge. This is a 000 model that will reward players with its rich sustain and crisp tone for generations. (MSRP: $8599)
- CEO 8.2 - This beautiful FSC® Certified Grand Jumbo 14-fret acoustic guitar is crafted with a European spruce top with Vintage Tone System and a Bourbon Sunset Burst finish, paired with genuine mahogany back and sides. Other features include a Martin archtop headstock shape, grained ivoroid binding and heelcap, bone nut and saddle, liquid metal bridgepins on an ebony bridge and an ebony fingerboard with a gorgeous mother-of-pearl skeleton diamond pattern inlay. This guitar comes with a TKL Alumin-X™ case which is built using patented technology for a strong, lightweight case with great impact protection. The interior of the case was custom designed for a precise instrument fit. If you are looking for a great sounding guitar that is also pleasing to the eyes, look no further. (MSRP: $3999)
- CEO 8.2E - A beautiful FSC® Certified Grand Jumbo 14-fret acoustic-electric guitar that is crafted with a European spruce top with Vintage Tone System and a Bourbon Sunset Burst finish, paired with genuine mahogany back and sides. Other features include an archtop headstock shape, grained ivoroid binding and heelcap, bone nut and saddle, liquid metal bridgepins on an ebony bridge and an ebony fingerboard with a gorgeous mother-of-pearl skeleton diamond pattern inlay. This model is equipped with new Fishman® Blackstack™ electronics, a soundhole mounted, magnetic, battery-free, passive pick-up that is specifically designed to work with acoustic guitar strings. The electronics unit has been customized to include a decorative ivoroid cover plate to match the binding of the guitar. This guitar comes with a TKL Alumin-X™ case which is built using patented technology for a strong, lightweight case with great impact protection. The interior of the case was custom designed for a precise instrument fit. This is a great sounding acoustic-electric guitar. (MSRP: $4499)
About Martin Guitar & Strings
C.F. Martin & Co. ® (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for 184 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards, including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the “Dreadnought” size. One of the world’s leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques, along with those introduced by the company founder.
The company is also known for producing high-quality, popular acoustic guitar strings and they have been making their own strings since 1970. These include the successful Martin SP® Lifespan® , the fastest-growing long-life string in the industry, the exciting new Retro Strings line played and loved by Tony Rice and Laurence Juber, and the Martin SP Acoustic and SP Flexible Core lines, which use an industry leading core wire to hold tunings better.
Martin guitars and Martin strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, pop, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television to movies, Broadway, books, online, and gracing the covers of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere.
Connect with Martin and Martin Strings on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and via www.martinguitar.com and www.martinstrings.com.
DKC for Martin Guitar